PDA

View Full Version : Finally got some pics posted of the tank

divemakua
02/05/2005, 11:16 PM
Got some pics of my 38 gallon Oceanic Cube in the RC members gallery. Wish I had a better camera. As you view you will see mostly SPS. I had kept with other types of corals and anemones in the past. The pictures run through a 1 and a half year period with the last being 3 days ago. I usually get my SPS from Exotic Aquatics just outside Baltimore or through an individual up in Richmond.
I use a very simple set-up (no sump/fuge). Lights and water movement can fix a lot of problems. I only check Calcium, PH and Alk (specific gravity during my weekly 4 gallon water change).:p

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=86063&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

mylittleocean
02/06/2005, 05:52 AM
Nice tank! I am start SPS myself.
Can you give us some details in the equiptment you use? Lights, ect.
How long have you had the copperbanded butterfly? I would like to get one but not sure if I want to try again. I lost the last one rather quickly. I have a few aptasia and here that the CB butterfly eats them. Plus they are a beautiful fish IMO.

divemakua
02/06/2005, 11:52 AM
I use an eheim cannister filter (2222), other than ceramic rings I put about 1 cup of carbon (changed every month) in the filter, skimmmer is an aqua c remora,, for lighting I use a PFO 250W HQI mini pendant with a 10K XM bulb supplemented by 1-65W PC. I use several powerheads for water movement. Thats it.

divemakua
02/06/2005, 11:54 AM
I use an eheim cannister filter (2222), other than ceramic rings I put about 1 cup of carbon (changed every month) in the filter, skimmmer is an aqua c remora,, for lighting I use a PFO 250W HQI mini pendant with a 10K XM bulb supplemented by 1-65W PC. I use several powerheads for water movement. Thats it.
The CB has been in there for six months. I feed the fish in the tank once every three or four days.