PDA

View Full Version : I Won!!

bsw445
02/04/2005, 09:05 PM
For the last 6 months I've been trying to convince my partner of putting a tank (fish only) as the headboard for our bed.... Well, I finally got the go ahead!

I ran out and bought a 135gal starfire front. It's six feet long, and perfect size for the length of a king sized bed. Wow! So excited.

Will keep you guys posted with pics when they become available!

Dubbin1
02/04/2005, 09:08 PM
Sounds like a bad idea to me.

dfiddy
02/04/2005, 09:10 PM
if that beds a rockin'...

...those fish will take a peek for damn sure! *shrug* but yeah.. they will! :eek1: :o

Thunnus
02/04/2005, 09:13 PM
Why Dub? I think it sounds pretty cool as long as your partner is aware of the noises associated with tanks. I would run it sumpless to cut down on noise. Some nice moonlights would put the fish and y'all in the mood for love! :)

mfinn
02/04/2005, 09:16 PM
Wow, what a headboard.
I don't know, if I could sleep next to a large tank like that.
We have earthquakes once in a while. Ouch!

Dubbin1
02/04/2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Thunnus
Why Dub? I think it sounds pretty cool as long as your partner is aware of the noises associated with tanks. I would run it sumpless to cut down on noise. Some nice moonlights would put the fish and y'all in the mood for love! :)
Noise, salt creep, water on the bed ans so on.

bsw445
02/04/2005, 09:30 PM
Noise----->If you put two durso pipes in the overflow, noise level is cut down extremely. As well, there is 10foot waterwall on the other side of the bedroom and the sound of running water is very comforting to us. (waterwalls are quite loud)

Salt Creep---> is kept clean with regular maintenance and cleanliness

Water on the bed----> can be prevented by glass covers and a canopy. Both purchased

Nuhtty
02/04/2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by bsw445
Noise----->If you put two durso pipes in the overflow, noise level is cut down extremely. As well, there is 10foot waterwall on the other side of the bedroom and the sound of running water is very comforting to us. (waterwalls are quite loud)

Salt Creep---> is kept clean with regular maintenance and cleanliness

Water on the bed----> can be prevented by glass covers and a canopy. Both purchased

I know a few people who have done this. As long as you do the plumbing properly and take every precaution as far as safety with water and electric, it can be a great project.

I saw an ESPN program that showed the house of NFL running back Clinton Portis, and has an archway tank over his bed. Of course, his is custom made, but there are other people out there who did this.