PDA

View Full Version : Fairy wrasse Fighting Help please!!

Chris777
02/04/2005, 02:16 PM
I had a solor in qt and i had a old solor in my display. Now that ive put them together they have started fighting pretty bad. I put another fairy wrasse in there at the same time as the new solor and they arent bother it. Its only been about 30 minutes.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE VERY HELPFULY

bronco7777
02/04/2005, 05:42 PM
Chris,

Is the new solar about the same size as the original?

If so then you have a male that's trying to ward off what he perceives as a new male.

It's not uncommon for this to happen, that is why you should always stagger the ages and sizes of the fairies. That's why he doesn't bother the other fairy. Give it time.....I'd shut down all the lights in the tank and let him sleep it off a bit.

The new solar will need a day or so to get his nerve up...so to speak,...and he should be able to stand up a bit to the original.

It's a feeling out process, give it time.

Chris777
02/04/2005, 08:38 PM
They are both the same size just about. Now they arent fighting the old wrasse is just about totaly white. The new one is out and stuff so im assuming that the other new fairy we added the paired up while they where in qt together. Also the new one is out and stuff i dont know is if that is cause we took a good amount of rock out and went and bought some other rock for the tank.

Thurge
02/05/2005, 04:05 AM
Good luck with the Personality Conflict Chris. I would offer to take one of the Solars off your hands if necessary, but I also have one already.

Not to take your thread too far off subject, but this might be a good place for those with lots of experience keeping Fairy's to give those of us new to the addiction, some tips on stocking tanks, avoiding quarles between males, and how to aleviate them. Origionally I thought it was more than one male and you had a fight brewing, but everyone keeps multuple males (myself included).

Chris777
02/05/2005, 09:30 AM
Well as of now i dont think they are both males cause they have been fine together now and go by each other and sit next to eat other. I was thinking that neither of them where wanting to back down but now the old solor has backed down and stoped trying to "Hunt" the solor down. See in my tank i have no clues who are males or females. It would be nice to know what they are male or female so then i know who are the ones/one i will have to watch out for when i put a new addition to the tank. Also yes it would be nice for people with more experience with fairys to give some tips considering i know i dont know no where near as much about fairys as i would like to.

Chris777
02/05/2005, 12:52 PM
I have been watching them for over 3 hours now havent seen no fighting but the old solor is turning completely white every so often for some reason. I dont know why he would be doing it since they arent fighting at all. Any ideas?

Thurge
02/05/2005, 04:11 PM
I can help you out with the C. solerinsis.
According to Kuiter, "males will show a dark shading or band along the end of the gill cover."
If they both have the shading indicative of males, I think the reason that the one is blanching white is cause he lost the battle for dominance and wants to GTFOOT, and establish his own territory.
just my guess

Chris777
02/05/2005, 05:24 PM
Will it keep doing that? The biggest wrasse in the tank for some reason just started for no reason that i saw flared his fins, went realy fast to the top of the water splashed the water all over in the canopy then keep flaring his fins to the other fish while he was going towards them and his side of his body looked like he had a six pack well more like a 2 pack but you get the idea.