PDA

View Full Version : cabinet/canopy question

acer
02/03/2005, 10:18 PM
Has anybody purchased from or heard of "Bluereefaquatics.com"
They have a great deal on a cabinet/canopy set for a new 75 gallon reef I am setting up. I am wary about dealing with a company I have never heard of. If anyone knows about or has had any experience with them. please let me know. Also if you know where I can get a good , not > $400.00, cabinet/canopy
set please let me know. USed is OK.

CTN1983
02/04/2005, 02:34 PM
My canopy finally arrived yesterday from Blue Reef Aquatics. The canopy came in unassemble, but its very easy to put together, all the screws and hinges are included, along with instructions, theres also a phone number you can contact if you need help. The quality is top notch, you will be amaze!

My canopy took about 2 1/2 weeks to build, but it was worth the wait. :D

acer
02/04/2005, 11:50 PM
Thank you very much, confidence growing. I also found another company biulding cabinets/canopies in TN, seems good as well = daytonaquariumstands.com THeir web site sure leaves alot to be desired. But, I wouldn't expect a good wood craftsman to be real internet/web site savy. Anybody know anything, have good/bad experiences with these stands/canopies?

newmoon
02/05/2005, 01:50 AM
seems like a good deal

acer
02/05/2005, 07:53 AM
"seems " is the problem. Have heard and seen so many people get ripped off over the internet. who's to dsay that what you get will be the picture/description to see on the internet. ,but thanks for the encouragement.

Rdr4evr69
03/04/2005, 10:58 AM
I am currently waiting for my cabinet and canopy from Blue Reed Aquatics, the wait is a little longer than I was expecting...well I am still waiting... Hope to have it soon Dustin, the owner sounds like a great guy and I have talked to him a few times... I am excited, if quality is as nice as it looks on the net and as CTN says it is worth the wait, great prices...I will put pics up of the process when it arrives.....
S...

LobsterOfJustice
03/12/2005, 03:38 PM
Whoever has recieved their canopy, please post a picture.

I have waited 2 months for my canopy, and it came with all the wrong stuff. Everything is screwed up. I am so ****ed off. Called and no one answered. The directions suck, there are no pictures... If anyone has pictures of their canopy please post. I need to return this POS anyway (its like pieces from 3 different canopies) but I'd still like to see pictures (site has almost none)

acer
03/13/2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks- He also raised his prices significantly and charges for shipping now= totals about $100.00 more - I will look elsewhere-especially after hearing about your experience.

DASPES
03/13/2005, 07:56 PM
Dustin at blue reef aquatics is great, I got my last cabinet from him. Customer service is good and he iven followed up about a week after the cabinet was delivered to make sure that everything was all right. I found out that dayton aquarium is the builder for all of dustins stands so you can be assured of the quality.

acer
03/13/2005, 09:47 PM
When did you get the cabinet. His prices went up and now charges shipping and have posted reply of one customer very unsatisfied. Could be he has not recovered from recent website/computer attack. I will wait and see if he is able to recouperate and give quality product and service to match.

Thanks for posting

Rdr4evr69
03/14/2005, 03:09 PM
anyone have any pics of their cabinets or canopys from Bluereefaquatics.com?????? I am still waiting but would love to see some if anybody has pics??? Rdr4evr69@aol.com

DASPES
03/14/2005, 04:06 PM
ordered jan 29 rcvd it mid mid february

Rdr4evr69
03/14/2005, 04:42 PM
DASPES......wheres some pics??????????

DASPES
03/14/2005, 05:45 PM
digital took a dive into the dumpster, I'll have to borrow the camera from work this week.

Rdr4evr69
03/14/2005, 06:30 PM
would love to see some if you get a chance....

Ironsheikh
03/15/2005, 10:17 AM
I was looking at bluereef myself-- didnt want to spend a fortune on a stand either. I like how he can custom make by the inch. but I'd like to see what you get for the low end price cuz the stands and cabinets pictured are with the upgraded doors. I was looking at dayton, but I dont like how the bottom wood strip comes out past the sides in the pic. I was looking at the sedona series from petsolutions stand/canopy 90 g shipped for $424. but I just saw one in the local pet store the other day and it looked cheaply made to me. ebay has another guy that sells custom stands and really nice front AND top opening canopies--I saved his listing if your interested. I may go with blue reef though because I wanted I 36in stand and the price is cheapest from BR

acer
03/15/2005, 12:56 PM
I have someone in PA who I am talking with to make me a stand= Oak with 2x4 frame. NO middle brace and the back is mostly open. Cost = not worked out yet, but under $350. INcludes 36" hieght , stain, and three coats of poly. Difficult decision as I have never seen one of his stands. BF looks good in picture and I also like the 36 inch height, but with recent events I am a bit scared.

acer
03/17/2005, 01:42 PM
Hey, found a fairly local cabinet/canopy maker in Phili. Pa. Was working out a deal- he dealt straight will me and I was ready to go- but a local out of work carpenter called and decided he was interested after initially saying "no" to me. The phili guys email is r.berridge@comcast.net - don't think you can go wrong with him. I Just found a local so do not have to work out any shipping etc. SO I decided not to use R.Berridge (Bob). He would have made mine at similer price to Blue reef , but much quicker and it woudl not have been in pieces.