PDA

View Full Version : Rose anemone help

animatedtango
02/01/2005, 07:20 PM
Hello everyone,
I have two rose anemone’s in my tank. One has grown to over 14 inches in diameter and I want to know how to make this thing split. Is splitting a natural occurance that just happens or should I help this process along with a razor knife? Does anyone have any tried and true meathods of making this happen that the anemone will recover from? I look forward to hearing from anyone that can shed some light on this subject.

Thanks,

Chris

Rendos
02/01/2005, 07:27 PM
Some types of bubble tip anemones don't split from what I understand. You could possibly have that type.

bonesnreb
02/01/2005, 07:49 PM
i know they split from stress but mine split on there own all the time...in my opinion i wouldnt cut them unless you know what your doing

redawg
02/01/2005, 07:52 PM
i wouldn't cut them either.. i've heard of people feeding them very heavily for a few days then doing a large water change and that might get it to split.. never tried it myself

animatedtango
02/01/2005, 07:56 PM
Ok, cool so they split from stress then. Bit by bit i will peice together the way to get this thing to divide. I just remember reading somewhere about helping the divison process along.

Thanks for the input and any other info is welcomed.

Chris

animatedtango
02/02/2005, 11:17 AM
So far I have found that if a large water chance is done with cooler than existing aquarium water this will more than likely spur a split.

This weekend I will do this and see what happens.

Until then, thanks for the info.

nam2212
02/02/2005, 01:26 PM
My BTA split into 3 pieces after doing a water change. I had been feeding it every day, but have changed to just twice a week.

Entropy
02/02/2005, 01:31 PM
Both times mine spit was also after a pretty substantial water change although the water was the same temp/salinity. Mine has split twice in the year I have had it and I still have the second split in the tank. Strangley the original has not grown any since (but still looks very healthy) while the daughter is three times as big and looks like it should split anytime now.