PDA

View Full Version : crab trap

Rodeo Clownfish
01/31/2005, 11:41 PM
I guess when you make a trap to catch a crab it is pretty customary to catch just about everything but the crab? I can't keep the two cleaner shrimp out of the trap. I put it in, and in about two seconds they are both in there chowing down on the bait.

I've gotten a little more concerned about my reddish black crab now that I've seen him a little better. His claw arms are really long (and huge) and his legs are hairy. I haven't really seen the body, it doesn't seem to be hairy, the claws definitely aren't though.

Any thoughts on keeping the cleaners out of the trap? Maybe catching them and putting them in the refugium for a while? They're pretty easy to catch.

HouseDJSTL
01/31/2005, 11:47 PM
Yea, put them in the refugium and you'll have a better chance on catching the crab.

Good Luck!!

-J

squishybum
02/01/2005, 04:06 PM
Hello,
I used a heavy glass jar with a dead shrimp in it to catch my Gorilla Crab. I place it at the opening of his home with the lights out and within 30mins I had him.

Stevan
02/01/2005, 05:18 PM
I took a Dasani plastic water bottle and cut off about 1 1/2 inches of the top to make it just large enough for the crab to fit thru. Placed a piece of fresh shrimp in it and propped it up on an angle next to some rocks...Gottem!