PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish are crazy

mcdonaldtj
01/31/2005, 10:43 PM
For some reason my smaller Ocelaris Clownfish has been attacking my larger clownfish. They have been together for over a year and I dont know what to do. He swims real fast and smacks her with his side. Anyone have any ideas?

V/Tim

Gobydude777
01/31/2005, 10:56 PM
Hmmm...The larger one is also Amphiprion occelaris right? If not get the subordinate one outta there. Different clowns don't mix. If they're both Occelaris then perhaps you somehow have two females?

mcdonaldtj
01/31/2005, 11:16 PM
Yes they are both the same, I bought them at the same time but this is the first time the small one has been that aggressive.

REEFDAWG89
01/31/2005, 11:23 PM
Dude - in my tank i have a maroon an ocelaris and a percula... they all get along, the balck ocellariszs is trying to do the percula and the maroon hosts in a plant ***????

HouseDJSTL
02/01/2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by mcdonaldtj
Yes they are both the same, I bought them at the same time but this is the first time the small one has been that aggressive.

You might want to consider a new location for the one getting picked one. Don't want to stress it out.

Good Luck!!

-J

Entropy
02/01/2005, 12:16 AM
In your current tank line it says you just switched to a 90g. Did you rearrange their hosting spot in the tank? The only thing I can think of is you somehow upset there living arrangements and now the little one somehow became female and is asking for more than "half". Saltwater is not a community property state like California. :D It is more like winner takes all.

Gobydude777
02/01/2005, 07:29 AM
You can keep maybe two differnent species in your size tank ReefDawg, but those maroons are monsters once they hit sexual maturity.

mcdonaldtj
02/01/2005, 09:45 AM
I havent made the switch to the 90 Gal yet (hasnt finished cycling). I have placed live rock into my fish only 37 Gal though. would that have set this off? Rock was cured completely and didnt have an amonia spike.

scuba cam
02/01/2005, 10:17 AM
Im starting to think its not best to house different clowns in the same tank because one day they just snap on each other.