PDA

View Full Version : Hi, and a little ID help...

Philbe
01/31/2005, 10:21 PM
I all, glad to find this site. I have a 12 gal JBJ nano thats been running with live rock and a few hermits and 2 turbo snails for about 3 weeks. Now I noticed this, and was wondering if it's aiptasia. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/Philbe/IMGP1789.jpg

Also, a few hitchhiker crabs have come along and without being able to identify them, should I get rid of them? One is very small with banded legs and red eyes, but the other has a body about the size of a quarter and is very dark with what looks like armour on its shell.

Thanks for the help Phil

Micki
01/31/2005, 10:25 PM
Looks like aptasia to me. I usually boil a little white vinegar and use a syringe to kill it. Don't know about the crabs, sorry.

jcgso
01/31/2005, 10:28 PM
I'd say Aiptasia too. I've had very good luck with Peppermint Shrimp wiping it out.

horkn
01/31/2005, 10:29 PM
yep, aiptasia. pepermint shrimp eat that, or you can use a syringe with joes juice or boiled white vinegar

Philbe
01/31/2005, 10:35 PM
Darn and thanks, was thinking of a cleaner shrimp (skunk) instead of the peppermint but I suppose for the size of the tank the little one would be better.
Thanks and more questions to come...no doubt.

Phil

Micki
01/31/2005, 10:40 PM
Ihave a skumk and two pepps. Once in a great a while I still an aptasia. When I added them, they would not touch the big ones.