PDA

View Full Version : Couple Questions

jaf
01/31/2005, 09:33 PM
I picked up my new used tank this weekend. What is good to use to clean all the grime and algae off it? Also I was thinking of taking the bulkheads out, cleaning them all up and resealing them because they got banged around alittle in the move. Is there anything I can use to soften up the silacone seal, or do I just have to force it about...I dont want to hurt the glass. If I have to I will buy new bulkheads........thanks in advance........John

captain7359
01/31/2005, 09:41 PM
vinegar and water should take most off then a fresh water or ro rinse. if it's glass just take the razor blade to it. acrylic - use a credit card or acrylic scraper. for the silicone you can try twisting it loose or your gonna have to take the razor to it. you're either gonna need a new gasket or silicone to seal the bh back up. seems like everybody is upgrading lately. :)

zanclus
01/31/2005, 09:44 PM
I would buy new bulkheads,or at least the o-rings. They usually are good for one tightening and almost always leak if used again.(At least in my experience) As for cleaning the tank a razor blade , kosher sal, and some elbow grease is what i would use to clean it .