PDA

View Full Version : Help A Newbie......

Monsport
01/31/2005, 07:05 PM
I have 2 Clown fish and am new to the hobby. The LFS sold me a" New Life SPECTRUM All Purpose Formula" krill & Fish

However the two "percs" dont seem to like it much. they'll eat a couple of pellets and start spitting them out.

Any suggestions?

THANKS......

mfinn
01/31/2005, 07:15 PM
Get them some frozen brine shrimp, small silver sides, maybe get some fresh shrimp, cut up into tiny pieces. Get them something that resembles their real food.

TJcop
01/31/2005, 07:18 PM
I feed Mysis shrimp. All my fish (even my Lawnmower Blenny) love it.
BTW: I was told that Brine shrimp are the "popcorn food" of the fish world. Meaning: fish eat them, but they have no nutritional value.

stephen scott
01/31/2005, 07:41 PM
Monsport,
Go to your local food store and buy one piece of uncooked shrimp, and one scallop. Take them home, and cut them up into 1/2 inch pieces and put them in an ice cube tray. freeze em. Take a cube out and thaw it, when you want to feed. Cut up only what you want and put the rest of the thawed piece in a tupperware container of water and feed them with it the rest of the week. Mix the pieces up with Mysis shrimp. I just bought my seafood for them today. Price......$.89 ( not counting the Mysis shrimp.)