PDA

View Full Version : This is kind of a noob question about a BTA occurence/problem.

Dlckwood
01/31/2005, 06:54 PM
OK, so heres the deal. I know BTA's deflate every once in a while to take in new water but mine will close up and shrink every single night for 30min to an hour. Does this sound nornal to anyone? It is a very healthy anemone but I don't feed it directly ever.
David

RBTA
01/31/2005, 08:04 PM
Ive heard its normal to deflate like that, mine deflated everyday for about an hour, but mine took a path downhill and it would be deflated more and more and it desinigrated, I never found the cause as my water was almost perfect 'cept for trates(which were about 10 at the time), but if you say its healthy I bet its just expelling waste

HTH

ACKBlues
01/31/2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Dlckwood
OK, so heres the deal. I know BTA's deflate every once in a while to take in new water but mine will close up and shrink every single night for 30min to an hour. Does this sound nornal to anyone? It is a very healthy anemone but I don't feed it directly ever.
David
Why do you not feed it directly? Is it getting enough nutrition through reef flow?
-Molly

Dlckwood
01/31/2005, 10:43 PM
Since I feed my clowns 3 times a day on average plenty of food is brought to it indirectly. Also, it sits just under a 250 watt MH in a 40 gallon tank.
David

sushimi
01/31/2005, 11:24 PM
my rbta also deflates often for an hour or so, I have mine under a 150 hqi 10k, I also feed by hand every other day a pinch of frozen meaty food ( brine, plankton, mysis, krill, whatever).
It seems to growing every day.