PDA

View Full Version : clownfish on the rampage help!!

scuba cam
01/31/2005, 11:25 AM
I have three clownfish 1 ocellaris and a pair of gold tipped maroons. These fish have lived together peacefully for over a year. That is until yesterday when nemo apperenty went off the deep end. The maroons are being relentlessly nipped and sideways slapped. The larger female maroon can hold her own but the smaller male is losing fins fast. So action must be taken and nemo being the kids favorite fish has to stay. These fish need a good home fast>pleasehelp.

SALTFISHDUDE
01/31/2005, 11:27 AM
you need to setup a nano for the ocellaris and make it a mini-reef :) the kids would like that

flycut
01/31/2005, 12:17 PM
I second that. Get a cheap 10g glass tank, put a bit of rock, substate, a little powerhead and a heater and make it their own little tank. For lights, you could get those cheap canopy they sell for FW tanks. Those ocellaris don't need much. I have a pair in the same size tank and only have a single 20w actinic I got from HD. They don't seam to care.

SALTFISHDUDE
01/31/2005, 01:03 PM
Yea...that above or you could make it a full blown nano reef :)

scuba cam
01/31/2005, 01:21 PM
that would be nice but I dont have the equiptment to keep nemo's host happy.

SALTFISHDUDE
01/31/2005, 01:39 PM
ahhh...i c....do the maroons have a host? if they do and you can't do anything, get a tank divider in the short-term...and maybe think about who you want to trade back into the LFS

mcdonaldtj
01/31/2005, 02:15 PM
I have 2 ocellaris in my tank and for some reason the little one has taken to picking on the big one. I cant figure it out they have been together in the same tank for over a year. I thought that they might both be one sex and they are trying to dominate each other but there is a big size difference between them and it is the little one that is being aggressive.

scuba cam
02/01/2005, 10:13 AM
since my first post my ocellaris has came back to his senses and is currently not on the rampage, its like it (he or she)just got over what ever made it mad.Is there a chance its a male with the hots for the female maroon. Thank you for any feedback!

SALTFISHDUDE
02/01/2005, 05:06 PM
maybe he was guarding eggs....i unno but tats good to hear