PDA

View Full Version : yellow clown goby dying...

bluenassarius
01/31/2005, 04:19 AM
my goby is dying... he started with a red spot on his forehead... a few weeks ago i thought it might just go away... nope..
under his mouth a new red spot has appeared... i guess he's death is gonna be drawn out.. :(
sad.... but on the bright side i can go shop for new fish again

kp1917
01/31/2005, 05:46 AM
Someone should help you diagnose the red spot, but the first thing that stands out to me is that you have a ten gallon tank. Ten gallons is very small and extremely hard to keep balanced. Fish can survive in varying extremes so long as they get there slowly. With a ten gallon tank the water chem. would be all over the place on almost a day to day basis = very bad for fish.

A 55 gallon tank is great for beginners. It has enough water to dilute some beginner mistakes and is the cheapest set up due to the fact you can buy them at any Walmart.

I've only been doing this a year and I wouldn't mess with a ten gallon tank. In my oppinion, a ten gallon tank is for experts.

NexDog
01/31/2005, 06:23 AM
Yea, I got a 20g and it's quite difficult. Water changes have to be so exact or the fish get stressed. PH swings and nitrates are hard to control.

bluenassarius
01/31/2005, 01:27 PM
my tank is doing OK except for this fish... this fish has been sick probably from day 1.. my wife didn't like the fish when we got it... the stomach was pinched (i have bad vision so when i picked it i couldn't tell) my scooter blennie has had no problems and ive had this fish longer than the clown goby...
my astrea snails have been dying too... 2 of them
i talked to a LFS person and they said my hermit crabs were eating them...

kp1917
01/31/2005, 03:34 PM
The LFS is probably right on the snails. The only snail deaths I've had are from hermits. If your tank is doing well then you very well may just have a sick fish and we still have to get your initial question answered.

I'll ask around. If you find out put it in this thread.