PDA

View Full Version : help me my fish are dieing

neuman
01/31/2005, 01:47 AM
hi everyone iam new to the hobby and ill tell u about my tank up until now

i bought a 100L tank about 4 months ago i also bought one live rock with a oyster on it iam not to sure wat it is and a clown fish not sure wat type it is either and a yellow fined blue damsiel

5 weeks later i bought a maderine fish and a new live rock
(2 weeks later maderine fish died faggs at my LFS didnt tell me maderine fish need a lot of live rock ne ways)

a month later i bought a star fish a big blue one and a new live rock everything looking ok

another month later i bought a yellow angel fish and anemoe (cant spell it but hopefuly u no wat i mean) the next day my angel fish dies from stress its tail and that look a bit like sumthing been attacking it

the guys at my LFS gave me a new fish to c wats going on both of my fish my clown fish and my damseil have been attacking it and now its dead does ne one have ne idea wat i can do thanks

Misfit6669
01/31/2005, 01:51 AM
Quit trusting the LFS to start with and don't put anything else into your tank for now.
What is your water testing at?
Give us a little more info.
Brian

neuman
01/31/2005, 01:53 AM
i no thats y i changed LFS but there ok i guess and my water lvls are fine but i just dont no wat to do

drock59
01/31/2005, 01:54 AM
sounds like you need to stop buying more fish. I dont get why you are putting more fish in the tank when they keep dieing.

You need to find out the problem and research your fish before killing another fish.

Get some good test kits and test your water. Then if all that seems good, determine if your current fish need to take a hike back to the LFS. IME, damsels are notorious for picking on other fish.

neuman
01/31/2005, 01:56 AM
yea well i wanna get ride of both fish because they bother are like that but my mum wont let me she wants my tank her way when i pay for everything i figure ill take the fish back and get my tank set up a bit more like heaps more live rock up shrip cucumbers wat ever helps but i also dont wanna over populate my tank i also get a water change everytime i go to my LFS

The Grim Reefer
01/31/2005, 01:57 AM
You need more liverock (at least from the tone of your post, you need about 1 1/2 pounds per gallon) and a lot more time before you try anemones and starfish. I am not sure your tank is large enough to ever support a manderin unless you add a refugium to help propagate the pods they feed on..

neuman
01/31/2005, 01:58 AM
yea i thought about takeing my anemone back but my star fish is fine ive had him for like a month

iam not sure i have enough lighting for anemones

drock59
01/31/2005, 01:59 AM
also, i think you need to educate yourself about this hobby some more. Browse the forums and read over some posts for beginners.

Always research anything you buy at the LFS, BEFORE you buy it. You cannot expect LFS owners and operators to be upstanding citizens. they have to make a living.

neuman
01/31/2005, 02:03 AM
yea thats wat iam tryind to do

neuman
01/31/2005, 02:07 AM
is there ne one that can give me ne ideas wat i sould by if i do take my fish back and give me a understand to wat they do thanks would help alot

drock59
01/31/2005, 02:08 AM
you are being unclear. what are you asking for?

neuman
01/31/2005, 02:11 AM
read it again and dont get back to me

drock59
01/31/2005, 02:14 AM
are you being rude? Your statement previously does not make sense to me. sooooo, could you restate it so that i can better help you?

Im just trying to help you out here pal. :)

Jimsmowen
01/31/2005, 03:16 AM
haha thats my little brother =P he doesnt mean to be rude hes just a bit stupid.

water lvls are all reading 0 we have had them tested a fair bit.

i told him to take everything back to the shop (clown, anemone, damsel and starfish) and buy like $150 worth of live rock, then get a cleanup crew then start maybe with some passive fish =P

does that sound about right?