PDA

View Full Version : BTA in a low flow lagoon/refuge??

ScavDog
12/18/2001, 04:16 PM
Recently I acquired 6 BTA's at a local reef club meeting and would like to add one for my pair of Amphiron Ocellaris. I house these clowns in a 50 gallon (36"x18"x18") low flow lagoon/refuge which is plumbed to larger system.

The lagoon lighting consists of 2x96 watt pcs (1 actinic-1 white).

Is adding a BTA to this environment detrimental to the animal?

Thanks in advance,

Pinkskunk
12/19/2001, 07:04 AM
Hi,

That is a lot of Anemones. The pair of percula clowns might and might not take the BTA. But they will certainly take the carpet anemone. If i were you, i'd put your maroon in with the BTA, as these are their natural host.

Anemone needs some kind of current to BLOW away their waste that get built up in and around their mouth. And also circulate fresh water across their intake. As anemone constantly exchange their body water.

Just my opinion.

What color are their tentacles?

Did you update your website with new pics of your green leather?

I'd like to pick one frag from you one of these days. Hopefully after the holidays.

Man, that is a lot of anemones...........

jbf16falcon
12/20/2001, 10:17 PM
The lighting looks adequate. If the current in the "lagoon" is enough to at least make tentacles slightly move just a bit. I have about 15 in the "deadest" and lowest part of my tank and you can bearly see the tentacles moving at all, but you can see particulate matter moving in the water through and around them. Those don't seem to split as often as those in higher areas with more water current. I would also think the anemone will let you know if it doesn't like it. If it climbs the wall of the tank or stays deflated then you'll know you're not meeting the conditions it wants. Good luck