PDA

View Full Version : Hawaiin Brown Featerduster Worm

Doc Hemp
01/30/2005, 09:23 PM
Had one die ... the other is dying .. are they toxic? .. Are they symptomatid of a water balance problem .... were only in the tank for about one week ...
Thanks for any info :confused:
Doc Hemp

elliottsa
01/30/2005, 09:47 PM
Have you tested your water? What are your readings?

drjrose
01/30/2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Doc Hemp
Had one die ... the other is dying

Don't know about toxicity. I have had them died befoe in a 140 gal reef without problems. They don't do well with nitrates, excessive flow rates, or some fish like some Tangs.

Doc Hemp
01/31/2005, 01:11 AM
Just returned home .... the 2nd one is doing just perfect now ... is fully open in the moon light mode ... the water is good ..... BUT ... the nitrates are at the high end of normal ... don't have a plant resovoir yet ... nitrites are 0 .... buffering capacity is at the highest green .. ph level is in the middle to low of ideal ..... the calcuim level is hanging at about 375 -390 even though I add it almost nightly lately .... should be 410 to 450 ... once I get it there I think it will stabilize ... is hard to bring up fast and I know you can't add too much at any one time ... 150 gallon tank a couple of months old ... don't add more than 6 ... 5ml capfulls at a time and usually at night.
... have started one more live rock,soft coral & fish tank at the office too this weekend ... 55 gal corner tank ... the other 55 gal tank is live rock and fish only
Cheers and thanks for the get back