PDA

View Full Version : location of cyano??

linda grubbs
01/30/2005, 05:52 PM
HI, I have read the threads on how to get rid of cyano. We have a 290 gal. tank with 20 gal. refuge, live rock and sand 4". We have lots of circulation and 2 sea swirls. It has been up for about 9 weeks. The only thing we have put in was 4 green chromis at the end of Dec. and clean up crew two weeks ago. The tank is going through another cycle with diatoms and this time cyano. The canyo has been in the refuge for about 3 weeks and started in the tank about 2 weeks ago. I cleaned out the refuge and there is only a little there the past few days.. The cyano in the tank is not on top of the sand but around the top 1 to 1/2 inches of the side of the sand against the glass.

Should I just leave it or how do I clean it? Just did a 60 gal. water change 2 days ago. The ph is 8.0 calcium 430, ammonia 0, nitrite .1, and phos. .03. I use ro/di water. I also have macroalgae in the refuge. Maybe I need more macroalgae. I have about a qt. jar size piece. I would greatly appeciate some input on this before the cyano starts on top of the sand. Thanks. Linda

jeffb3t
01/30/2005, 08:05 PM
You could try some phosban to lower your phospates. It seems to do the trick for me to get rid of cyano.