PDA

View Full Version : new 40l happening soon

eggman
01/30/2005, 11:25 AM
hello all
I will be setting up a 40 long over the next 2 weeks (as stuff comes from Fedex) I have a few questions:

1) I notice looking at your aquascaping that a lot of you put LR right up against the glass. How does this work for cleaning?

2) would it help to run a hob filter with charcol of some kind as the LR dies off in addition to my Skimmer (aqua c Remora)

3) I'm very confused on this point: I will have sand and LR and i know i should remove the deterius from the LR die off, but I shouldn't vacumn the sand, sooo...how is this done?
thanks
egg

eggman
01/30/2005, 01:07 PM
anyone?

flycut
01/30/2005, 01:21 PM
1. It is hard to aquascape narow tanks, so on thank less then 24 inche wide, you almost have to put rock on the glass. Some people love to totaly hide the back glass with rock. It is a matter of taste. As far as the other 3 side, it depends on what you want. I suggest that if you want to be able to look through them, I would make shure you have enough room to clean between your rock and tank.

2. During cycle, the hub filter would only be good for flow.

3. I clean my rock with a turkey baster. A very cheap and useful tool. You could just shake the rock before droping it in the tank.

eggman
01/30/2005, 01:29 PM
awesome thanks