PDA

View Full Version : Save a firefish!

sean48183
01/30/2005, 10:17 AM
My firefish has been in hiding ever since I added a tomato clown to the tank. As soon as the firefish pops his little head out the tomato goes after him. It's been difficult trying to feed him. Is there anything I can do to stop the bad tomato from picking on the poor firefish. Also I have a sailfin tang and a rusty angel. All these fish are pretty aggresive. Is there any other colorful fish out there that could defend themselves against these brutes?(Also reef safe)

hpmcbroom
01/30/2005, 10:34 AM
If you would like to keep the firefish then I recommend a visit to your local lfs to pick up a some tongs and or a plastic cup . so when it's feeding time you can use the tongs to put the food as close to the firefish as possible . And use the cup to block the other fish from attacking while the firefish eats. It might work or if not return the firfish to the lfs and get a more aggressive fish . My coral beauty was great until it became aggressive and it ate my cleaner shrimp and killed my emerald crab. Back to the LFS it went yet I know mine was the exception to the rule. Most coral beautys are peaceful and I'll get another one down the road when I get a 180 gal. tank in the future . Yet mine did go commando in my tank even though I fed him what was recommended and he was fat . I hope that helps. and Good luck. :beer:

sean48183
01/30/2005, 11:25 AM
I'll try that out feeding tactic out. Returning him probably isn't an option since I don't know how I could catch him down in that crevice. It's a shame he's hiding since he is so cool looking.