PDA

View Full Version : Tank problems

LiteEmUpGood
01/30/2005, 01:19 AM
I just tried to put together a 10gallon saltwater tank. So far my rio 110 isnt working and making a lot of noise, and my salinity is off the charts at 1.032. I didnt put the water in all the way yet because the live sand I bought needs to be added when the water is around 80 degrees. honestly I think the filter is a POS, am I right, is there anything im missing here, any other tips?

Reefmedic79
01/30/2005, 02:16 AM
Many people have the same opinion on Rio pumps. I personaly like Maxi-jets for my pump use. Your also going to need to get the slainity down before you put in the Live sand.

LiteEmUpGood
01/30/2005, 11:10 AM
How would I get the Salinity down? Just replace water? Also about my hang on back Rio,I need a pump for it? I think Im going back to the store to get a AcquaClear. The Rio looks so cheaply made as well as not sucking air in and being extremely noisy.

tanker
01/30/2005, 02:14 PM
With LS and LR you do not need a filter just a PH. With such a small tank (10 gal) I would just fo lots of water changes-- About a gal or 2 a week.

JohnHenry
01/30/2005, 02:23 PM
Try filling the filter body with water by hand, that may allow it to start intaking on its own. It should get quieter once it's actually moving water.

jeffb3t
01/30/2005, 07:30 PM
Another thing you can try to get you rio working is take an air hose and put it close to the impeller and blow air into the hose. That is sometimes the only way I can get my rio working.