PDA

View Full Version : nutrient help

surferdude141
01/29/2005, 11:23 PM
well in my 60 im having a little bit of a problem. i have a lot of green algae on the glass and cyano on the sand bed. i have an aqua c remora pro and try to do water changes every two weeks. my lights are 2 250 watt mh and 110 watts of pc actincs. i might over feel a little and my lights are on for about 10 hours. i just want the galss algae to be gone and coralline to grow. any ideas?

hskim
01/30/2005, 12:27 AM
I beat green algae, hair algae and cyno by keeping nitrate at zero and never letting the phosphate go over 0.075mg/l and using carbon at all times. And I upped the circulation in my 29 gallon tank to 1200GPH with return from the filter and two power heads. Also, I do 15% water changes every week and the all the bad alga seems to be gone now.

JENnKerry
01/30/2005, 08:00 AM
A lot of frozen foods can pollute your water. I used to feed frozen several nights a week and we had a slight case of cyano. I now feed frozen once a week (Sunday) and feed flakes and pellets on the other nights. Problem gone.
I would definately cut back on the feeding. What are your nitrates and phosphates?