PDA

View Full Version : I need Southdoun tropical sand

Charles Ward
01/29/2005, 03:51 PM
Please someone help me. I live in Louisville, KY and there is no SD in this area. So if someone wants to make some money and help a me out I am willing to pay for the cost and shipping plus extra for the time and effort. I need 300 to 400lbs. If anyone can hlep me out I would forever be in your debt. Thanks Charles

tinyreefer
01/30/2005, 04:16 AM
If you have a local Home Depot ask them if they will bring in the sand from another store if they don't have it. It's actually called Caribbean Tropical Playsand and also known as Newcastle Playsand. For some reason they keep changing the actual name.http://img116.exs.cx/img116/934/z0tdntknw.gif

If you do a search in the gallery for "southdown" it will give you pics that you can use if needed. I know the Home Depot in my area has it.

Charles Ward
01/30/2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah I am going to try and do that today hopefully I can sweet talke them enough to get a couple bags to my local HD. I guess we will see just how good I really am. Charles

reefamania
01/30/2005, 05:05 PM
it's pretty available on the east coast. my hd has pallets of it, even right now they do. but i have read time after time that it's hard to find anywhere else especially on the west coast. you could find someone to ship it to you but the shipping is outrageous. good luck!

NUBIANTANGLOVER
01/30/2005, 07:48 PM
I have several bags of Southdown Sand. I convinced the local HD to ship some for the reef hobbyists here in North Carolina. I made sure I got more than enough for my 175 gallon Bow and for other projects. I do have at least 300lbs worth. I am located in Charlotte, North Carolina. PM me, or let me if you are interested.

Charles Ward
01/31/2005, 03:06 PM
Hey thanks for the offer but I caculated the shippig charges it will cost atleast $100.00 for UPS or Us mail. Frieght will cost $130-150. Guess I will try to talk to HD and see what they can do. Thanks Charles

NUBIANTANGLOVER
02/05/2005, 07:12 AM
You are welcome. Let me kno if I can help. Too bad you are not located near by.

cracker_monster
02/28/2005, 10:16 AM
HD will not order sand for anything under a pallet's worth. I used to work their, however as spring is approaching you might be in luck as they should be getting some soon.