PDA

View Full Version : Dying Ricordia

fio1022
01/25/2005, 06:33 PM
I added two green Ricordia mushrooms about a month and a half ago.These guys looked great and were fully extended.For the last week or two,they wont open and look like they are dying.I have other(older) ricordia that are unaffected and are doing well.Everything else in my tank seems to be thriving.Whats up with these specimans?Should I leave them in only to shrivle up more or get them out?
:confused:
Water tests are all good.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

wahshk
01/25/2005, 06:48 PM
How is your lighting? are they under high flow? Do you feed them?

fio1022
01/25/2005, 06:53 PM
They are high in the tank under (265w)Pc's next to the ones that are doing well.Very good circ. and I feed Cyclopeeze.Everything is thriving except those two.????

km133688
01/26/2005, 12:56 AM
Have you recenlty moved them? I had problems when I moved mine. Are they next to something? I saw a reaction once when I moved some too close to other rics. Are these Yuma or Florida? They say Florida are hardier than Yuma though I personally have not seen this yet. They also say Yuma generally like less light than Florida. Are they getting too little or too much water flow? I have seen differences in expansion with waterflow in addition to lighting. Good luck.