PDA

View Full Version : Just another Aqua C Remora question

VoidRaven
01/23/2005, 12:49 PM
OK, long time listener, first time caller...on Aqua C's that is.

So I hooked up my brand new Aqua C Remora today with the MJ1200 pump. All seems well, save for two issues.

1) Within 30 minutes the collection cup was completely filled with clear water. Should I set the collection cup high up for the initial break-in period?

2) The instructions say that a "little" water leakage from the injector clean-out screw is normal. Well, is a 2 inch "fountain" of water normal? How do I correct this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

skipm
01/23/2005, 01:32 PM
The first thing I would do would be to remove the skimmer from the tank and give it a thorough wash in plain hot water, this should help shorten the break-in period. The 2" fountain from the injector screw is not normal, carefully remove it and give it a wrap of teflon tape to stop the leak, an occasional drip or a slight weeping is okay.
I have my collection cup set so there is about 1"-1 1/4" of skimmer cup above the o-ring and it has been working well. HTH, Skip

VoidRaven
01/23/2005, 02:09 PM
Thanks. I did do the wash is plain hot water prior to installing it. I will go dig out my teflon tape and take care of the leak.

Tristan
01/23/2005, 02:22 PM
NEVER piping hot water!!! Warm water at most!

johnpoole
01/23/2005, 02:28 PM
Aqua C... can be a headache, or a dream come true.. i've talked to people that loved theirs, sometimes it helps if you can route the air intake to a very fresh, source... cooking order or any somking will stop foam generation... had great luck with mine after i got it going... i am ordering a euro reef this time

VoidRaven
01/23/2005, 07:30 PM
Who the heck would use piping hot water? I used borderline hot water to rinse the thing out. I wasn't going to scald myself...geez.

johnpoole...Um, I don't know how to "route" the air intake as I don't think there is one. I mean, you would know much better than I since you owned one, but because it is spray induction I didn't see any "air intake". Could you perhaps better explain what you mean?

And I'm hoping to love my Aqua C once it gets going. I upgraded from a SeaClone 150 which I had working great (pulling a nice, thick, forest green colored gunk) for me but I got tired of the excessive maintenance I had to do on it to keep it running in tip-top shape. So, going from a SC to a Aqua C, I really don't think I can go wrong.....I hope.

Tristan
01/23/2005, 08:20 PM
sorry, just that you said hot water

VoidRaven
01/23/2005, 10:48 PM
Hey, no problem. It's "e-mail" anyway, so unless one says what we really mean in the first place it's easy to confuse others! :D

The advice, though, regarding not using exceptionally hot water is appreciated and noted in my journal of all things not to do (that I haven't already done!).

Clownfishman101277
01/23/2005, 11:43 PM
Yeah mine works really good, it did take a few days to get to skimming.. it should pull out tea colored water or dark tea depending on how you set it up... I'm very satisfied with min, there are directions for the spray injection on taking the screw out and all... you can email them about it and see what they suggest they have good customer service..