PDA

View Full Version : should i throw out my rose?

Reefer247
01/20/2005, 10:44 AM
hey well i recently got a rose and after reading everyones stories about them getting sucked into PH or filter intakes i decided to go buy some mesh.. well when i got home guess where my rose was.. thats right in my filter intake.. i just got it out of it now.. and the foot doesnt seem damaged but the flesh with tentacles is ripped up some hanging on by a strand of flesh.. the mouth is completly open the size of like a quarter. and its deflated with 4or5 tentacles trying to inflate.. what should i do toss it or do you think it has a chance.. i dont want to risk my fish getting killed if the anemone is going to die but i dont want to throw out an anmeone either... what to do...

i hear people say theirs lived through it but anyones case as bad as mine?

dont have a cam or i would of took pics..

Frick-n-Frags
01/20/2005, 11:30 AM
I would wait a few days and see which direction it is going after the trauma. You'll know if it is losing ground or getting better in a few days.

lori7973
01/20/2005, 01:39 PM
Hey Mike... you will definately know if it is dying... will look like melting ice cream. Don't give up on it... you know how big mine is, well Mike almost flushed it when we got home from New England in the summer. I could of sworn it was going to die, but you know it's still here and bigger than ever!

Reefer247
01/20/2005, 03:01 PM
update on the rose.. well it still looks like hell but i have since got it completely free and it shed off the dead tentacles and pices of flesh hanging on.. and has now attached to a rock and looks like it may be ok.. its hiding under a cave kinda and wedged inbetween rocks i think it may split from the stress.. looks like **** but around 10 or so tips are bubled and looking good.. wish me luck.. (oh by the way i got the filters covered lol )

mercedes216
01/20/2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah give it a few days, it may heel