PDA

View Full Version : help I think? w/ my sebae

wtrmn2004
01/20/2005, 01:05 AM
Sorry I wont have a dig pic till tomarrow. my sebae tenacles are turning colors and I figured it was low light b/c I'm running a power compact single coralife. When went to move him his skin was like leather and not his foot but his skin was stuck to the glass. Water is golden as far as chems. need some advise. IS he a gonner?? :confused: hope not beautiful anemone

Toddrtrex
01/20/2005, 08:21 AM
What color are the tentacles tuning?? From whitish to brownish or brownish to whitish. A picture would help, but if they are going from brownish to whitish it means it is starting to bleach. Would be nice to know the wattage and color temp of the bulb, but I feel safe in saying that it is not strong enough. HTH.

wtrmn2004
01/20/2005, 11:16 PM
Ive moved him closer to light 3 times he'll sit there then run totally under the rocks w/ no light........ suicide??? my rose and :clown" anemone are blossoming though. the rose stays completly underneath

weimluv1
01/21/2005, 12:38 AM
well the simple fact that you are moving it constantly means that you need to research more on anemones. I'm not trying to be condescending, but you should read the posts at the top of this forum, it will help you out a lot.

going from white to brown is a good sign, really. so that should give your some relief. :D

But this takes a long time, like at least 2-3 weeks for any browning to noticeably happen.

they are incredibly mobile, meaning they will move were they want to, no matter where you keep placing it.

Leave it alone, you moving it a lot could be stressing it out and bleaching it even more.

Not to jump to conclusions, but any PC lighting is probably not even close to enough for a sebae anemone, unless it's over a tank that is less than 16" in height, like a 20g or less.

but that is my .02. I've heard of some on here keeping sebaes under pc lighting.

As anemones don't have any brain, much less thoughts of suicide, it is simply trying to stay out of direct lighting. Perhaps it is in the process of adapting to you lighting.

Just give it time.

I would also take into account you have two different species of anemones in your tank. the BTA could be "at war" with the sebae, by way of releasing toxins into the water. Maybe that is causing further stress of the sebae.

wtrmn2004
01/21/2005, 12:55 AM
thanks for the input. I won't touch him also I'm color blind a friend came by and said it was purple not broxn. hehehe I agree w/ you I try my damnest not to touch them. fragile.. ? when they get on the filter should I worry or leave them alone?? remember emporers

thanks wtrmn