PDA

View Full Version : DULUTH/SUPERIOR JANUARY MEETING PROBLEM

fahz
01/19/2005, 10:53 PM
Received this message from Kathy anyone want to host the meeting on Saturday the 29th please PM me.

Jim

Bad news
Im having a bad week and its getting worse. I lost 1 seahorse yesterday from a rock fall in the middle of night. And the cleaner wrasse killed my yellow tang.

I am going to have cancel the meeting next weekend, because I won't be in town, my grandma is sick and in the hospital. And the doctors say it doesnt look good. So I will be there until Feb. 5th.

Im sorry about the short notice and inconvenice
Kathy

goavs21
01/20/2005, 12:13 AM
Think you should push that meeting back till the weekend of the 11th! ;)

Skipponator
01/20/2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by goavs21
Think you should push that meeting back till the weekend of the 11th! ;)

Then that would be the February meeting :strange:

fahz
01/20/2005, 09:32 AM
He's coming home after moving to Colorado on the first and misses all of us. He found out Minnesota nice is better then some Texan's treat Yankees with little tanks. :artist:

Fahz

goavs21
01/21/2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by fahz
He found out Minnesota nice is better then some Texan's treat Yankees with little tanks.
Thought this isn't far from the truth, I have acquired some pretty nice frags, can't wait till I can get a bigger tank up and running. I am planning on bringing home a few and thought I would split them between you and Steve, but maybe your tank won't handle southern style SPS ;), hmmmmm.

Skipponator
01/21/2005, 06:35 PM
Out of curiosity here since no one has chimed in, how many people REALLY would or think they would come to Bemidji?

stacerbean
01/21/2005, 09:48 PM
Skip, I would do it in a heatbeat if it was spring/summer when I wouldn't have to worry about a blizzard.

Skipponator
01/21/2005, 10:42 PM
Well perhaps what I was thiking was maybe a member has a Suburban or something where many people could ride together, maybe a couple vehicles caravaning together. I would just like to know if this is an option so I can offer my place up and get some goodies and what not. But I understand totally if people don't want to venture out this season until later in the year and it is asking a lot since like 96% of members are in the same city 3 hours away and like maybe 1% is asking them to come to their city.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that if there is a LOT of interest I will offer my place, but I'd rather not if a couple peopel come, it prolly isn't worth everyone's time and might as well save everything for the Feb meeting. So please respond here and let me know so I can plan and get goodies rounded up and prepare.

Thanks,
-Skip

PS: If we host this month in Duluth I am planning on coming. Got dibs on 1 48" Oak Lunar lights from Nick.

fahz
01/21/2005, 11:06 PM
Skip thanks for the offer I think were going to work something out here this time. The weather and travel distance is a big factor for all of us. We are being hammered with a snowstorm right now and another one coming in a few days is a travel turnoff 16" so far this week. I will have a place by Monday if no one local steps up to host.

Jim

marm64
01/21/2005, 11:25 PM
Your worst nightmare is we all come up and get stuck at your house for an extra day.

Mark

Eel-byte
01/22/2005, 10:33 AM
We could always have it back at my place. The new tank is up and running, it still not aquascaped yet. I'll leave it up to you guys.

fahz
01/22/2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Eel-byte
We could always have it back at my place. The new tank is up and running, it still not aquascaped yet. I'll leave it up to you guys.

That would be great, better then Barker's Island which was an option. Does 1 PM Saturday the 29th work for you if so I'll get some notices out?

Jim:D

Eel-byte
01/23/2005, 06:55 AM
Works fine for me.

fahz
01/24/2005, 12:08 AM
New directions PM'd and E-mailed.

Fahz