PDA

View Full Version : Couple Questions...

gduconn
01/18/2005, 12:28 PM
1.) I have had two clownfish for about 6 months now, bought as juveniles. They have definitely separated into male/ female, yet the male still is the same size as he was when I bought him while the Female continues to grow. How much separation in size will occur and is this normal for there to be such a huge difference?

2.) My clowns will not go into any anemone. I have a bubble tip, long tentacle and a Florida Purple Tip condi which has been taken over by my chocolate skunk. The Anemones have been there since i bought the fish. Why do they not "find" the anemones even tho they see the skunk playing in her anemone everyday? How do I get them to go to an anemone?

Any help on either of these for me would be awesome.

ACKBlues
01/18/2005, 01:06 PM
What kind of clownfish do you have?

My female true perc is more than twice the size of her mate.

luceneck
01/18/2005, 04:28 PM
Give it some time and if it doesn't work then perhaps they are being very picky. There is .pdf document at the top of this forum titled

"Anemone FAQ"

It has a good comparison list of anemons x clown relationships in order by

clown species

and by

anemone type.

By the way, do you have a picture of this chocolate skunk? I have never heard of such a clown. I have two pink skunks and thought it would be intersting to see which ones you are talking about.

gduconn
01/18/2005, 07:00 PM
I have two ocellaris... the female isn't double the size but at this rate she will be very soon. I have seen mated pairs nearly the same size and was getting worried one might not be as healthy as the other. The male really hasn't grown at all from when I got him 6 months ago. Is that normal?

hpmcbroom
01/30/2005, 08:52 AM
My brother uses a terra cotta orange flower pot for his two percs. to host in and that's what they like. It took them 2 weeks to finally start to host in it . Now they seldom leave it except for feeding time and the occasional tour of the tank they make at night . Note pro's with the pot it can't die , does'nt need to be fed , and you can position it anyway or place with it not going to move away good place for clown fry eggs easy to spot . HTH Good luck.