PDA

View Full Version : Help RBT Hiding

PAM SALTS
01/17/2005, 07:56 PM
yesterday the RBT was out front of the tank bubbles out and looking good. today when I got home he was hiden in the back, small and all his tips were shruk. color still good and his mouth is closed as much as I can tell. please help.

tontor33
01/17/2005, 07:58 PM
Mine did that yesterday and today he split... you might end up with 2. How big is he and how long have you had him? He's not in your 5 gallon is he?

PAM SALTS
01/17/2005, 08:04 PM
when open he about 4 in. across. I had him for 3 mn. and yes he's in the 5 gal. with 2 clowns

tontor33
01/17/2005, 08:19 PM
Sometimes they will hide to take a break for a day or so, pretty normal. If he isn't back out in a couple of days then I would start to worry. Any pictures of him?

MrMonkeyFingers
01/17/2005, 10:57 PM
I've had mine for a little over two weeks now and he/she finally settled down 3 days ago... was pretty mobile until it found a good spot [which was right about where i wanted it thank god!] but during that time it would go and hide at night and then come out during the day. Also it deflated and inflated 3 times... scared me to death the first time I saw it do it.. looked like a deflated hockey puck with tentacles! But during that time it feed several times so I knew it was ok. now last night one of my clowns started feeding it so I think all is well!

here's a pic of it... right hand side of the tank:

http://www.jimseveri.com/images/fish/tank02.jpg

tontor33
01/17/2005, 11:53 PM
It looks great mrmonkeyfingers... glad to hear that it settled down where you want it.

z_rivers
01/18/2005, 01:12 AM
first off i think a 5 gal is WAY too small for 2 clowns and an anemone. i would say a 10 gal would be minimum size for something like this. also, what type of lighting do you have over the tank

MrMonkeyFingers
01/18/2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by tontor33
It looks great mrmonkeyfingers... glad to hear that it settled down where you want it.

me too! he did a lot of moving... but really all in the same area so as long as he was away from any intakes or powerheads I was happy. I noticed he went and hid a lot when the lights went out and then when they came back on he'd come out. But now that he has settled he doesn't pull in as much at night.

macman7010
01/18/2005, 02:40 PM
Any time you add these anemones to your tank you want to cover your intakes on both your power heads and filters. Some folks use craft netting, though I prefer small pieces of foam. Otherwise they can be sucked into an intake.

PAM SALTS
01/19/2005, 02:40 PM
i've got compact flor. lst night when i got home he as back up and looking great. guess he just wanted to take a break. the clowns and he are doing great in the small tank. you just have to keep a close eye on the water quality. biweekly 1/4 water changes and not over feeding. thanks for all who gave advice.