PDA

View Full Version : How much for a barrel of Jack Daniels?? How many gallons is that??

Mr James
01/14/2005, 03:15 PM
What a question to be asking eh?? A friend told me that he wants to buy a barrel of JD. He is not an alcoholic (neither am I by the way, nor am I an avid drinker) but he is interested in it. He had thought the price tag was around $2000. I thought he was joking when he told me. But he is serious and wants some others to go in on it with him. How you divide that up is the real question. How much do you think that would cost??

Sure, I like JD occasionally. I once visited the Coors Brewery out in Colorado and swore the beer tasted different out there compared to here in Indiana. I can say from experience that a cappuccino tastes different tastes a heck of a lot different in Milan, Italy compared to here in America. So, would JD from a barrel taste different compared to a bottle from the shelf of a liquor store??

scbauer
01/14/2005, 03:45 PM
It depends on which barrel you get... The old #7 that you get at the store is a mixture of thousands of barrels. JD does, however, sell "Gentleman Jack" as well as "Single-Barrel" that are both far superior to regular old #7.

As for quantity, I think a barrel is either 50 or 80 gallons, but I'm not sure about that.

Finally, as for the cost... I would guess you could get a quantity discount if they sold it to you that way, but I really doubt you could get it. You may find some guy in BFE who is willing to buy a few hundred bottles and dump it back into an oak barrel for you, but I don't think you can buy a barrel directly from the company.

On a side note - the beer at the Coors factory in Golden DOES taste better... ESPECIALLY if your roommates dad is the tour guide and he takes you to drink Coors directly from the bottling line when it is 32.7° (or something like that).

Tell your friend good luck and drink a glass for me...

-Scott

budhaboy
01/14/2005, 03:47 PM
I think the eaasiest thing would be to just contact the distillery directly...
http://www.jackdaniels.com/contact.asp

budhaboy
01/14/2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by scbauer

As for quantity, I think a barrel is either 50 or 80 gallons, but I'm not sure about that.

Finally, as for the cost... I would guess you could get a quantity discount if they sold it to you that way, but I really doubt you could get it. You may find some guy in BFE who is willing to buy a few hundred bottles and dump it back into an oak barrel for you, but I don't think you can buy a barrel directly from the company.

-Scott
you CAN buy a barrel - I just dont know how to go about it anymore- it was featured in a Christmas catalog that I saw once...

scbauer
01/14/2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by budhaboy
you CAN buy a barrel - I just dont know how to go about it anymore- it was featured in a Christmas catalog that I saw once...

That's AWSOME!!! I had no idea...