PDA

View Full Version : OT: (not reef related) Colloidal Silver

Hawk72
01/10/2005, 10:55 PM
Randy,

I recently order a Hanna Checker pH probe and received a pamphlet touting the "extraordinary" viral, bacterial, and fungal destroying abilities of Colloidal Silver. After doing some research I believe it means it is a suspension of micronic silver particles or silver ionized water. Reading on the web about this "extraordinary" product I noticed two distinct opinions about ingesting metal. One opinion by the marketers of colloidal Silver make claims of it being the be all end all of medicines. The other opinions try to debunk it as not only snake oil but down right unhealthy causing a problem called argyria. What are your thoughts on this product?

I have no intentions of taking anything not prescribed by a doctor regardless of your opinion. Well I shouldn't say anything because Advil is still okay!! :O)

Jason

SugarShiki
01/10/2005, 11:05 PM
Well, I happen to take Colloidal Silver on a daily basis. It does keep my immune system healthy, and my ahem! feminine workings tip-top...

There are silver tinctures in use; I recall docs using it directly on my son's umbilical cord when he was born...It is drying, kills everything, and helps to heal wounds...

I've been taking it for years; since I was in my early teens, and my mom would have us take it...2 dropperfuls under the tongue...I can't get along without it...;-)

Shiki