PDA

View Full Version : too many bubbles?????????

BRIAN2156
01/08/2005, 12:23 PM
I have a 46 gallon bow front tank, 1 96 watt power compact and 1 130 watt power compact with 65 attinic. I have the following equipment:

emperor 400 filter, change media and pads weekly
bio pack back pack skimmer with flow box
200 watt heater
3 power heads with spinning current makers
digital wireless thermonitor
test kits
refractometer

I have over 35 corals mostly soft and a few stony large(hammers, brain and pipe organ). All are doing great(see photo's in my rc). My salinity is .025, alk, 11.5(working on this), calcium is 430 and the temp is 78.3.79.3 consistant

I am getting a lot of bubbles out of the skimmer. What can do this???

Thanks, Brian

Randy Holmes-Farley
01/08/2005, 05:31 PM
Skimmers by design produce olots of small bubbles. If it does not deliver into a sump, one does run the risk of getting lots of bubbles into the main tank. Some skimmers seem better than others at getting all of the bubbles out of the stream before it enters the tank. Some aquarists also resort to passing the water over things like filter floss to reduce the bubbles.

BRIAN2156
01/08/2005, 07:48 PM
Thanks Randy. I hace the CPR Aquatic reef bak-pak. I will go to the store in the am when they open. Any suggestions on any kind of filter floss. Thanks as always, Brian

Randy Holmes-Farley
01/09/2005, 08:58 AM
No, I don't really have a particular suggestion. You might ask in the DIY forum to see what other sorts of things folks have used to reduce skimmer bubbles in the main tank.