PDA

View Full Version : Nigari

Hobster
01/05/2005, 07:50 PM
Well I didn't quit my search for long:lol:
Finally got reply e mail on some Nigari. I have read the past posts and aware there is some concern over purity, quality control and certifcation as to organic etc. This is what they sent me, looks like a few typos. Is this analysis also missing the dreaded metals lead, copper, arsenic??

"The certificate we have describing the composition of nigari is not really for laymen, but here is the information:"

Mgcl2.6H2o: 98.99%
CaSQ4: 0.30%
MgSQ4: 0.90%
SQ4: 0.95%
Ca: 0.10%
Alkaline Metal Chloride (as CL): 0.26%

As I am a "layman" I have further requested a actual copy of the certificate.
:)

jfinch
01/05/2005, 08:43 PM
Other's might feel differently, but if the nagari is processed from natural seawater then I would likely give it a try.

In my searches I found nagari that was natural (seawater) and chemically made. I also found nagari with varying amounts of MgSO4, but the stuff you found looks good on that account.

Randy Holmes-Farley
01/06/2005, 07:56 AM
The list there looks fine, but again, it is the things not listed that are a concern. Nigari may be fine. :)

Hobster
01/06/2005, 09:24 AM
This product is supposed to be processed from NSW somewhere in Asia. They state in is 'refined" so from what I have read that is a little better quality. If I get further info, I will post it. If not I can make a lot of tofu:p