PDA

View Full Version : make up h20

scuba2
01/04/2005, 07:44 PM
I have been using B-ionic for about a week now adding a little more cal than alk untill I get a level that is in rangr. My question is with make up water. Can I add b-ionic in the make up water so I dont lose my level every time I do water changes and additions. Is there an esey way.I will be using gallons and gallons of the stuff and its not cheep. Is there somthing that I can add to my make up water before time so I dont have to mix or mesure every time?????????

Randy Holmes-Farley
01/04/2005, 08:52 PM
You can put one part of B-ionic in the make up fresh water (but not both). It can be either one, but I'd pick alkalinity, then only add the balancing amount of calcium once or twice a week. Either part can be added to the make up fresh water as far ahead of time as you want as it is stable.

scuba2
01/04/2005, 09:27 PM
ok That makes sense. I guess that I would add alk and mesure the make up water alk level. At what level is the best??????

Randy Holmes-Farley
01/05/2005, 11:58 AM
Are you talking about in evaporation replacement water?

Just take whatever amount of B-ionic you'd use per day, and add it to whatever amount of evaporation replacement water you'd use per day. No need to measure anything in the top off water.