PDA

View Full Version : Dying WavemasterPro

dnjan
12/07/2001, 04:58 PM
Don't get me wrong. I like my WavemasterPro. I like the features, especially the random currents and the feed button. Unfortunately, mine is dying. The feed button no longer shuts the main pump (P4) off, I can no longer select between different wave patterns (fish versus reef or mild, medium, strong). And after being on for a while, all of the pumps get set to on at the same time (this resets if I turn the device off for a minute, but after a day or so it is back to all pumps all the time).

Has anybody else had this problem? My WavemasterPro is a bit under 2 years old. I have gotten no responce from an e-mail to RedSea.

newkie
12/07/2001, 06:41 PM
Are you keeping it in a humid area? That might explain why the contacts are shot. Have you tried calling Red Sea? (888)REDSEA9. Keep trying to contact them. If they say its out of warranty and refuse to help open it up. You may be able to open it up and fix it yourself by giving it a good cleaning. If there are bare contacts with corrosion a pencil eraser works well to remove it. HTH

dnjan
12/07/2001, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the phone number for RedSea. Are they west coast or east coast (what time zone)?

The location is not really humid. It is in the cabinet under the tank, but the sump is completely covered (to reduce salt creep, and the cabinet has an open front (still haven't finished the doors)