PDA

View Full Version : Im a complete idiot! Please help me quick!

jpg
12/31/2004, 05:13 PM
I was stupid enough not to completely read all the instructions on setting up and running my phosban reactor and didnt empty the first few gallons in a bucket.Instead I put it on the sump and started running it ...now the entire system is cloudy red and I am afraid this will effect things. Is this going to cause major problems? What should I do Im running 900ML of carbon and I dont have a filter sock or floss to catch the media that is suspended.If it settles will it release toxin later? I dont know what to do I cant believe im such a idiot.

Help.

jfinch
12/31/2004, 06:34 PM
It's likely not that big of an issue... I've got a feeling that you're not the only one that's done that. :D

jpg
01/01/2005, 07:00 AM
Thanks thats a little wieght off my chest. I caught alot of it with some floss filter bags last night.

Randy Holmes-Farley
01/01/2005, 02:04 PM
Mechanical filtration and skimming are about all that you can do about it. Hopefully it will clear up in a few days without problems.

If you do suffer any losses, please let us know so that we can pass that info along to others that have similar problems.

jpg
01/02/2005, 06:12 PM
The filter bags,skimming ,and carbon worked. I havent had any ill effects on the livestock except my new powder blue looks like he has a little scuffs from rubbing on the live rock but I think that has nothing to do with the phosban.

Randy Holmes-Farley
01/03/2005, 08:32 AM
That's good to hear! I hope it keeps on that way. :)