PDA

View Full Version : Get Rid of Water Stains on glass

keeperofthereef
12/27/2004, 10:03 PM
Here is a trick I learned in the glass trade .This removes water stains from hard water or salt . Get yourself some triple 000 steel wool fryour local hardware store . Use the steel wool DRY , and rub in a circular motion . It may take a little elbow grease but the results are worth it.
I don't even use paper towles any more .

cwegescheide
12/27/2004, 10:12 PM
This would remove the buildup of mineral deposits from the old tank I have in the garage that I didn't clean up properly before storing it for a few years????? :)

if so AWESOME!!! i'll try it. (really I need to just replace the damn thing) HOB overflow and its pretty scratched up too

FishProf
12/28/2004, 12:08 PM
If your tank is dry / out of your live-stuff system, nothing is better than muraic acid [Home Depot, pool section]. This thing is toxic! - work in a WELL VENTILATED area [best, out in the open], try first to dilute it, avoid spilling on concrete [will leave stains, even if washed away]. Up side - no scrubbing, the acid will eat the calcerous buildup.

FP

polcat_4u
12/28/2004, 01:43 PM
Yep muratic works well but remember high school chemistry:

Water ON Acid = "WOA" always add the acid INTO the water when diluting it. Otherwise it can explode. Always wear gloves and googles. I mix it 50/50 and it will clean a powerhead squeaky clean in 30 seconds.

keeperofthereef
12/28/2004, 02:42 PM
I use steel wool for general cleaning of my outside glass rather than paper towel . If it is wet use a rag and let it dry the use tgh steel wool to polish clean .