PDA

View Full Version : DowFlake in Madison Wis??

Hobster
12/26/2004, 09:35 PM
Does anyone know where to find some Dowflake in Madison Wisconsin? Up here visiting and trying to find some. Thanks

Randy Holmes-Farley
12/26/2004, 09:50 PM
Does anyone know where to find some Dowflake in Madison Wisconsin?

I do. Drive south until you hit interstate 90. Take it East about 1000 miles until you get to Interstate 95 north. Follow it for about 5 miles to Winter street. Get off there. The Home Depot there has it. :D

Yahoo says it will take you about 17 hours. I just drove 400 miles of that trip today, but I didn't bring you any Dowflake. :D

Hobster
12/26/2004, 10:10 PM
Gee thanks Randy:D It's all I wanted for Christmas. I went to Home Depot here as well as Menards and no one has it. Lots of other brands however. I did find some Prestone Driveway Heat (AKA Peladow) at Wally Mart, so I bought some of that. You would think if it is 10 to 15 below they would have some of it. Oh well back to the fireplace, it's cold here! :eek2:

wrassie86
12/26/2004, 10:43 PM
Good luck finding it.have you checked any of the madison home depots? i checked a dew weeks ago but found nothing :(

Randy Holmes-Farley
12/27/2004, 07:45 AM
I'd be comfortable using the Peladow. :)

MiddletonMark
12/27/2004, 08:04 AM
I think you have to go the Fleet/Farm route around here.

Someone got some last spring [MARS or WRS forum here] and hooked a couple of us up - but I'm unsure where he got it other than Central Wisconsin :(

If I ever bump into him, I'll ask ... but haven't seen him in months, so can't help you out. I'd check the CMAS forum as they had a long-running Dowflake source thread [and their find might have an outlet here] ... otherwise maybe the WRS forum or meeting there?

Good luck with it.

[and thanks Randy, finally, yesterday, I mixed up some of your 2-part batch ... 160 ml of the CaCl part to one 30 gal tub of IO = Calcium 425 :thumbsup: ... ready for the water change or so my test kits say]

Randy Holmes-Farley
12/27/2004, 09:56 AM
and thanks Randy, finally, yesterday, I mixed up some of your 2-part batch ... 160 ml of the CaCl part to one 30 gal tub of IO = Calcium 425

You're welcome. That sounds great. :)