PDA

View Full Version : Anyone keep 100+g reef with just water changes...

kmu
12/04/2001, 10:07 PM
Does anyone just makes water changes and never adds additives? if so can you post pics and tell how frequent and what % water changes...

Guys it's just an IDEA, just wanna know if people do it that way, I know is very expennsive to keep a reef tank with just water changes, specially one bigger than 100g....

THX in advance...

FOX
12/04/2001, 10:41 PM
Yes, with the exception of kalkwasser and food. I have a 220. I could take some pics if you want, but I will have to wait until tomorrow to try to figure out how to post them. I'm too tired to do it tonight.

FOX

hcs3
12/05/2001, 12:08 AM
fox????

hiya. long time no see

kmu
12/05/2001, 12:51 PM
Great THX I'll be waiting...Can you tell me what % of water changes and how often?

THX

FOX
12/05/2001, 03:59 PM
kmu,

I took some pics, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to post them. I'll email them to you if you want, or maybe you can tell me how to post them. BTW, my photography skills are extremely poor.

Henry,

Defenitely long time no see. I've rarely had the time to even lurk, let alone participate, the past year and half or so. How are things in Illinois?

FOX

kmu
12/05/2001, 07:50 PM
Great THX, send me your pics and I'll post them for you.... You only need to use the atachment at the bottom of the message and attach it just like if it was in a mail....

Mario Camou

FOX
12/05/2001, 08:28 PM
kmu,

O.K. some pics are on the way. They're pretty big, so they're taking a while to load.

As for water changes. I'm very infrequent lately. I used to change 1 or 2 gallons a day. But when I moved last year, I had to give up the basement, so I don't have a place to constantly keep water mixing. Now I change it whenever I get around to it. I usually change 10, 15 or 20 gallons depending on how long it's been since I did the last one.

FOX

FOX
12/05/2001, 09:20 PM
kmu,

The pics I tried to send just bounced back to me. Apparently hotmail won't handle the size files I sent. Maybe I'll try harder to figure out how to post them here tomorrow.

FOX

FOX
12/06/2001, 07:25 PM
O.K. Let's see if I have this right now.