PDA

View Full Version : ro storage tank / ro auto shut off

Shayn
12/24/2004, 05:23 PM
Im trying to futher automate my reef tank and was wondering what other members are currently useing or referring to shut down a kent deion filter system? Any input would be helpfully, ive only seen about 6 different types of auto shut off, not sure about the air pressure switch, or the pressure solenoid, also there the float valve /solenoid, decisions decisions! My main goal is to not flood my house by haveing my ro overfill my 5 gallon storage tank, so im planning on useing 2 safties for ro stotage tank top off , and 2 more safteies to keep from over kalking my tank, ill run 2 lifereef float switches in my sump one in a low water position will turn on a perastalic pump that will pull water from my ro stotage and push through a neilson kalk reactor, the second float switch will control a normally open solenoid, so if my sump over fills the second float will kill the supplly, even though the perastalic pump will be higher than sump and ro storage if it stops with roller to side it dosent positively stop flow so a little piece of mind i would rather flood house than over kalk the tank!:( So I just need some insight to the shutoff of the ro and keeping from flooding the storage tank, thnx for help guys and gals!And Merry Christmas and all that Jazz!:wavehand: