PDA

View Full Version : Christmas eve/Christmas Traditions

dinoman
12/24/2004, 03:32 PM
What are everybodys christmas traditions? We (Mom, Dad, Brother, Me) always go into town on christmas eve and drive around looking at all the lights. Then christms morning we of course open all the presents together. After that we spend the next few hours alternating playing wth the new toys and getting everthing ready to go to my Grandpa's. Before lunch we usually open presents; then have a huge meal of turkey, ham, ect. The rest of the afternoon is spent talking and playing with the new loot (and everyone elses :D).

-dino-

Mariner
12/24/2004, 03:43 PM
Well, we start with feats of strength... wait, no, that's Festivus.
Nevermind.

dinoman
12/24/2004, 04:11 PM
:lol:

beerguy
12/24/2004, 04:52 PM
My family it's Oyster stew on Christmas eve.

My brother and I have already let mom and dad know that the tradition will die with them...

yeccchhhh

dc
12/24/2004, 05:00 PM
We don't do anything but relax now. Used to take the kids to look at lights, come home, have friends and family come over serve chili verde and potato soup. All the cookies everybody made are out and we eat. Then exchange gifts. Don't live around family now but I do have chili verde on and the cookies are out.

iCam
12/24/2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by beerguy
My family it's Oyster stew on Christmas eve.

Can I join in on your family's festrivites this year? Yumm.

On Christmas Eve, my brother and I are usually out with friends. When we get back, we get a fire going in the fireplace, and we all open one gift. On Christmas, we usually get up around 9h00 or earlier, thanks to a younger sister. We open gifts for an hour or so,then start on Christmas dinner.

xxaquanutxx
12/24/2004, 05:20 PM
Well, we would usually go out Christmas eve with friends or to dinner come home and put out cookies and milk for santa & carrots for rudolph. Then while we sleep mom and dad would wrap all the gifts and put them under the tree. The kiddies wake up and open thier stockings while mom and dad sleep in a bit. We all shower, get dressed eat a big breakfast and at about lunch time we open all our gifts. 1 person wears a santa hat and passes them out 1 by 1 while everyone watches... Helps build the suspense!

Now that my hubby is in my life, on Xmass eve we do a big dinner and a gift exchange with his family at midnight. Then we go home and go to bed and do all my stuff with my family on christmas day.

Nina51
12/24/2004, 06:07 PM
for the past 4 or 5 years now, we go to the city for Christmas dinner with my son. it's me, mr. nina, my ex and his girlfriend. i know, sounds strange but we parted as friends and remain such.

christmas eve is spent at my ex's house having oyster stew and vegetable soup.

christmas day, ex and his girlfriend and my son all come out here and we fix duck with all the usual stuff.

starting monday, i'll be back on my rice cake diet!!! nina:)

lex0219
12/24/2004, 08:57 PM
me and my wife have fun

lex0219
12/24/2004, 08:59 PM
joking i am 14

pnosko
12/24/2004, 09:30 PM
soon to be a lump of coal

thrlride
12/24/2004, 09:37 PM
******* autostart="true" hidden="true" loop="true" volume="40" src="http://www.speakeasy.org/~pnosko/xmas/santashake/jiggy.mid"></embed>

Christmas eve with my family. Christmas day with my wifes.

pnosko
12/24/2004, 09:48 PM
This thread sounds familiar.