PDA

View Full Version : spray bars

bobbet43
12/24/2004, 12:01 PM
I'm in the process of designing my new 120 tank and have a question on a spray bar setup. What I want to do is use a combination of three different spray bars on three seperate pumps. One across the top for good surface agitation, one under the live rock to keep detrius from accumulating with minor pressure, and one I want to bury in the DSB along the front and sides of the tank for upward water flow. I know that I can't burt it to deep but just enough to hide about 3/4 of the spray bar. My question is will this work? I don't like the look of powerheads so I want to try and eliminate them if I can. Thanks for your input.

Nuhtty
12/25/2004, 02:23 AM
There is no reason why it wouldnt work. Maintenance on the plumbing could be a hassle is something were to get clogged or break.

But again, there is no reason why you can have lines running from powerheads to outlets like that.

Although Im confused as to where you would place the pumps.

45commando
12/25/2004, 03:24 AM
Hi,I think you'll have a few concerns with this.
1. The surface spray bar will end up putting hundreds of tiny bubbles into the tank.
2. The spray bars in the DSB will end being exposed,because they will blast away the sand that is in the area(at least they will if you have decent flow)
Why not just mount a regular closed loop at the top frame of the tank & maybe use a SQWD or wavemaker to mix the current a little?I currently use a Mag 12 for sump(chiller)return & a Mag9.5(connected to a SQWD) that comes on with the lights .These 2 pumps seem to be plenty of flow in my 120.