PDA

View Full Version : is a pendant good enough?

Mr.Maska
12/22/2004, 06:33 PM
I was looking at the aqua light pendant for my 55 gallon, it has a 4'' sand bed and 75-80 pounds of live rock in it. I have no coral yet except whats growing on my live rock. The aqua 10,000k 150 watt was what i was looking at but i'm unsure, i don't want to be buying 5 lighting systems till i get it right. I also don't want to pay 1000.00 for one either. I't a metal halide which i don't know to much about yet. i want to grow a wide range of coral ,what, i don't know i'm still learning about the coral before i buy any probally at least several months from now. Oh and does all metal halides have a shimmering effect? thanks you guys are great.

Mr.Maska
12/22/2004, 07:13 PM
Please excuse the stupid questions but i'm a newbie. someone, anyone, hello, anyone their? i'm all alone on reef central.

Potsy
12/22/2004, 07:27 PM
Halide lamps light about two feet of tank length so you'll have some shaded areas 1.5 feet in at each side if you use a single bulb. I'd purchase two pendants. Check out the Ocean Lights by Aquamedic at Hellolights.com. I bought mine for about $240 each.

prodman
12/22/2004, 09:14 PM
I have two PFO 250w hqi ballasts and twoPFO mini pendents on my 65 36"w and like it very much. Also check out the sunlight supply reef optics III you will never have to upgrade and can keep any thing you want.