PDA

View Full Version : Running a sump w/ a JBJ Nano DX?

Nickeleye
12/22/2004, 03:17 PM
Has anybody or is anybody using a sump with the 12 gal. JBJ Nano (or Nano DX)? I was just curious about possibly running a 10-20 gal. sump on the nano but I think doing that would require modifying the hood of the unit or building a whole new one that would allow for the plumbing of the nano. I don't know if it would even be worth the trouble in this case, but just a thought that crossed my mind.

Has anybody created their own hood for the JBJ? Any pictures or plans for something like this?

slave-of-rock
12/22/2004, 04:52 PM
if you wanted to do that there is no pint in buying a nanocube DX in the first place, its bought so you dont have to mod it, plug and play, if you want to make a fuge and all buy a seperate tank and buy a retro kit on it. i know im not helping you but its just a thought
-kyle

Nickeleye
12/22/2004, 05:09 PM
No, that's fine too. It was just a wierd thought that popped into my head. I was just curious.

slave-of-rock
12/22/2004, 05:27 PM
i dont know much about the DX's but does the back 2 vents have fans on them or not? i used to run a fugeon my regular cube buying cutting a hole outta it and putting a light over