PDA

View Full Version : Prophylactic Treatment for QT fish

Sanjay
12/22/2004, 08:59 AM
I think I am reaching a point of frustration with some recent clownfish. I am trying to get a few pairs of fish going and lately having nothing but trouble getting them to live past a week to 10 days.

They all seem to be going the same way. The first few days they are all eating within 5-8 days they develop whitish spots on the body and are not very interested in food. Fins start to stay clamped.... the white areas increase and in a couple of days the fish are dead. Seems like Brook to me.

I have even set up a QT tank now, and the last 2 clarkii have gone the same way, and so did the polymnus.

I am starting to think that I should just start doing some prophylactic treatments in the QT tank now to prevent any loses in the future.

Anyone else doing such treatments. ? If so what seems to be working best for you ?

Thanks,

sanjay.

vgibbens
12/22/2004, 12:06 PM
Try reading here (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=288805), JHardman has outlined his QT procedures nicely.

JHardman
12/22/2004, 03:36 PM
Sounds too slow to be brook, more likely velvet. Copper is the recommended treatment for velvet. Do some searching, lots of good information on the treatment.

oama
12/22/2004, 11:52 PM
Is your QT being sterilezed after the fish are lost?