PDA

View Full Version : Roomate story

Ritten
12/21/2004, 05:35 PM
I helped my son set up a FOWLR five months ago in his apartment. He paid for the tank, but I assisted with a lot of other needed things. He was living alone and then took in a roomate who we both have known for at least ten years. His side of the story - roomate came home after drinking - got mad at something that was said by my son and threw a chair at his 75 gallon fish tank. Sprawl ensued - my son leaves (his side of the story) and roomate locks him out.

Next a.m. fish tank leaking water and junk.

Just sharing a story. I wonder what really happened????

:eek1:

NoobieNemo
12/21/2004, 05:51 PM
I think I would seriously kill someone if they threw anything purposely at my tank...Especially my yankee roommate...

Ritten
12/21/2004, 06:22 PM
Well what really got him is all his friends know how much that tank and fish mean to him.

benonmsn
12/21/2004, 06:45 PM
i would have commited violence against his face / internal organs

Ritten
12/21/2004, 07:03 PM
Can you even imagine the thoughts that went through my head what I wanted to do to the kid when my maternal instincts set in.

benonmsn
12/21/2004, 08:04 PM
i dont think i would have had thoughts, just action. my 2nd job is to beat people up for money / trophies, and it would have meshed well with the job at hand

Unome
12/21/2004, 08:16 PM
When my kids would have flareups with each other, I would consider there are 3 sides to the story. His side, roommate's side, and somewhere in between is the truth. But you know your son better than anyone here.

I had a lot of trouble believing some of the stuff that my kids used to come up with. Caught 2 of them smoking one day. I was standing in front of them with still lit cigarette in hand(which I had found outside of house and saw them drop when we pulled up unexpectedly and saw them run into house). Wife & I don't smoke and had not been home all day. I asked, "Who belongs to this cigarette?" Got 2 replies of "It ain't mine." :rolleyes: I told them, "You'd climb a 50 ft. pine tree to tell me a lie before you'd stand on the ground and tell the truth." :spin2:

ProdigalPoster
12/21/2004, 08:17 PM
Get the full side of the story, cause for all you know, your son did something and isn't willing to admit and is in hopes you'll help him fund his recovery.

Something sounds fishy...no pun intended.

maxxII
12/21/2004, 08:23 PM
two thoughts....
Initial reaction is beat him stupid.....Ya can't teach people right from wrong, but you can teach them what hurts.

2nd thought is legal action.
You're a paralegal...you should know your states laws and a few lawyers willing to help out.....destruction of property..In MO, if total damage exceeds $750.00 you're looking at a felony. Might point that out to tempertantrum joe, and see if his attitude changes. Cause it doesnt matter what your son said...he could have called the roomates mom nasty names...doesnt legally justify the damaged tank.

JMO...
Nick

NoobieNemo
12/21/2004, 08:29 PM
hey Unome, that sounds like a new thread! "tell us what lies your kids have told you" lol...something like that

Ritten
12/21/2004, 09:06 PM
In all fairness, if you read my post, I said "I wonder what really happened." MaxII, you're right, I am a paralegal. After the emotions I go through at my job, I wouldn't waste my emotions trying to sue a 21 year old hot head that has nothing. Not worth my time and emotion. He's gone, that's what matters, right?

bswedenburg
12/21/2004, 09:09 PM
yep, he's gone....but you still don't know what really happened!

Ritten
12/21/2004, 09:14 PM
Yep, but as SeanCallan and Unome pointed out, I never will. :confused:

skippy2
12/21/2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by kellierick
Yep, but as SeanCallan and Unome pointed out, I never will. :confused:

Speaking as a mom, that might be just as well.

Ritten
12/21/2004, 09:26 PM
Peggy, isn't that the truth. Sometimes as Mom's we are almost scared they will tell us the truth.

skippy2
12/21/2004, 09:33 PM
Now that my kids are older (my daughter is a step-grandma) they tell me things from when they were kids. I just say 'oh, really?' What I'm not telling them is that I already knew. Although, when my son was in his 20s he told me how he used to roll his sister's car down the driveway and go to the beach. He started doing that when he was 12. That I didn't know. Either did his sister. :lol:

joeychitwood
12/21/2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by benonmsn
my 2nd job is to beat people up for money / trophies, and it would have meshed well with the job at hand Are you talking about boxing/Toughman/Ultimate Fighting? I've never known anyone who did it, but I've always wondered, aren't you ever afraid that someone else is going to be bigger and/or tougher and knock your teeth down your throat or otherwise cause severe pain or injury? I wouldn't sleep for a week if I knew I was going to have to fight someone. I haven't been in a fist fight since 3rd grade. Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm very curious....

llpoolej
12/21/2004, 11:10 PM
I had a boyfriend who was a big guy, 6'4" when we broke up. He always wanted to be "tough". He entered one of those toughman competitions and got the crap kicked out of him. Thank God his girlfriend called me before I made a worse mistake than dating him :lol:

I would say your son is pretty close to telling the truth. If he left something out, it was probably what caused the chair throwing in the first place

benonmsn
12/21/2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by joeychitwood
Are you talking about boxing/Toughman/Ultimate Fighting? I've never known anyone who did it, but I've always wondered, aren't you ever afraid that someone else is going to be bigger and/or tougher and knock your teeth down your throat or otherwise cause severe pain or injury? I wouldn't sleep for a week if I knew I was going to have to fight someone. I haven't been in a fist fight since 3rd grade. Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm very curious....

yeah, mixed martial arts, no holds barred stuff, well except the obvious like groin strikes, eye gauge etc. i know maybe 50 people that would 100% destroy me, i wouldnt call myself professional level, i also know that, society, as a whole, is my biatch, and i will win. We are just diffrent people, i enjoy the game of a fight, whats a more honest test of skills, heart and determination then a fight? really..? i also have no problem, after me and another people have given our hearts in fight, are both physically destroyed, with our blood minghles with each others, to give him a hug and thank him for the experiance. to me its a game, to you its violent and scary... just diffrent strokes for diffrent folks =) ive had maybe 75 non ranking (street) fights and about 30 "sanctioned" fights. and maybe 40 sport style competitions

sorry to hyjack as well!

loyalty
12/22/2004, 02:16 AM
tougher people than you is a fact of nature

mo
12/22/2004, 02:33 AM
What I'm not telling them is that I already knew

Oh skippy my brother and I could tell you a lot more than you think. I know you don't know about it 'cause Bry and I are still breathing :eek2: