PDA

View Full Version : EGGS?? on the glass?

DedHed
12/02/2001, 07:54 PM
hello,

i need some help identifying something on my glass. actual size is about the size of the "o" on your keyboard. It's clear and there is a small cluster of them together on the glass. Inside the "o",there are small WHITE dots about the size of a period on your keyboard. Each "O" has from three to five "period sized" dots in it.

sorry, but i couldn't take a pic.

is is some kind of eggs? cleaner shrimp maybe? or snail??

what do you think?

Guy
12/02/2001, 08:02 PM
Definately a snail. Which ones are hard to tell.. Sounds a little like Strombus maculatus eggs though if I had to guess.

djheywood
12/02/2001, 08:13 PM
Sounds exactly like the strombus eggs I get in my tank every few days. These suckers reporduce like mad!

If they hatch you will have more snails, otherwise you have some fish food.

DedHed
12/03/2001, 01:18 AM
yeah,

i found out the snails were already reproducing like mad. It's like having all these little maids in the tank. They clean very well.

This is probably just more of the same. thanks for confirming.

Frick-n-Frags
12/03/2001, 05:56 AM
What snails lay the eggs that look more like a hot pepper seed, maybe a little smaller, and are white.
Those snails are a drag because those white eggs which I don't believe hatch, are on everything, even other snails, jeeez.

I know what Astrea and Trochus snails are definitely. I also have an assortment of these other snails, some long thin shelled and the others that lay the eggs are small and black, more round (at least I think they are the culprits).

Can someone please post a picture of the Strombus snails that are good cleaners and they frag themselves. That is all I want, the snails to keep it going like the old freshwater days.

Vilas
12/03/2001, 08:22 AM
This image might clear things up.
I started with six, I've traded out about 120 adults so far. Stocked 90% of my tank that way.

DedHed
12/03/2001, 11:30 AM
yup

THAT'S IT!!

thanks

Mushroom Boy
12/03/2001, 11:36 AM
Cool pic Vilas!

F-n-F, sounds like what you're describing are nerite eggs. HTH