PDA

View Full Version : re:

PuffDaddy725
12/18/2004, 12:33 PM
ok turns out the uv sterilizer i had was defective and the company is like redoing all their existing ones, due to water getting into the bulb. Thats funny you mention the turbo twist, i went back to exchange today and i got the coralife turbo twist 3x and its pretty bad a$$, i mean its only 9 watts and the other was 15 but whatever, so My question is since the dogface puffer is till covered with ich, should i do a freshwater dip and then put him in my hospital tank for a couple of hours or should i just leave him in the tank since i have a sterilizer now, cuz i figured if i freshwater dip him the ich will get off and then i put him in my hospital tank or secondary tank, and then give the sterilizer a chance to kill the ich in the 65 gallon tank and then maybe a couple hours later when the spores are dead i can put the puffer back in...WOW, alot of typing but hopefully I can get some answers, thanx.

PuffDaddy725
12/18/2004, 12:34 PM
ok so this morning at first he was at the top with his mouth up looking like it was it the end for him, but i left the sterilizer on with no tank light and i came home from work at lunch and checked on him, he was ok, and now im home from work at the end of the day, hes fine, i fed him 6 little rosey reds and now hes all good, but the ich is still ALL OVER him, i mean the ich that was on his fins isnt bumpy ne more they turned white,like his fins are all chalky, but my ? is, the steril. will get all the airborne ich when it falls off, but can the ich stay attatched to him forever and just live, or do they need to fall off to reproduce?

PuffDaddy725
12/18/2004, 12:38 PM
I hope the steriilzer is doing its job, because I gave the puffer a freshwater dip and the ich fell off but as soon as i put him back in it only took about 15 minutes and the ich was back so i dont know if its working, also, i fed brine shrimp to the clown and some of the brine shrimp went into the sterilizer but they came out alive, shouldnt the sterilzer kill the brine shrimp??...