PDA

View Full Version : FS Rose Coral - Will Ship

CoralGuy
12/08/2004, 09:15 PM
I have two Rose Corals for sale.
The first is the larger green one on the left for $35.00
The smaller teal/blue one to the right is $30.00

Shipping will be Overnight USPS for $35.00 They will be shipped in a thermos and extreamly well packed.

Please PM if interested.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/77715PC080008.JPG

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/77715PC080007.JPG

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/77715PC080009.JPG

chrisaggie
12/08/2004, 10:14 PM
Not to be a pain in the butt, but it looks like you got on reef central only to sell your wild collected coral. These corals are illegal to collect in Florida and if they are collected (90% propability since the zoos next to them are from Florida also) then you can not sell them in this forum anyway. Just trying to help you out since it looks like you are new around here.
~Chris

jpatrician
12/09/2004, 10:04 AM
hmmmmmm...... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46308&item=4340318648&rd=1

:rolleyes:

Skatereef
12/09/2004, 07:23 PM
why is it eligal(spelling) to sell?Probably has a strong sting.

chrisaggie
12/09/2004, 07:29 PM
These are not illegal to sell, but they are illegal to collect in Florida (which is where most of the ones you see come from). I have heard that it is illegal for lfs to sell them here, but I do not know if that is true or not.
~Chris

CoralGuy
12/09/2004, 07:39 PM
I bought these from a guy breaking down his tank. I have collected zoos before, but I have a salt water fishing liscence. As far as the ebay thing its not me.

chrisaggie
12/09/2004, 08:23 PM
hmmmmm, if you look at the similarities of your post and the ebay auction it's a little fishy. Both describe the coral as teal, both ship in a thermos "well packed", and both ship USPS overnight for $35. Do you really expect us to believe that's not you on ebay? I probably would have believed you bought them from someone (which you may really have), but not after you said the ebay listing was not yours. Take your corals and get outa here.

flamron
12/09/2004, 08:44 PM
Wow, you have the exact same zoo's as the guy that was selling on ebay. You wouldn't happen to be from Ft Lauderdale would you?

chrisaggie
12/09/2004, 08:58 PM
some poeple just aren't that bright. He'll probably edit the ebay listing so you can't tell it's him now.

datman422
12/10/2004, 10:59 AM
chrisaggie: I was told that florida ricordia are also illegal to have, but it seems that everyone has them and most of my LFS sell them aswell. The caulerpa in our refugium are also illegal too I believe. But who's to regulate. JMHO.

chrisaggie
12/10/2004, 11:21 AM
No, riccordia and caulerpa are both legal to collect and sell.

ghansen
12/10/2004, 11:34 AM
Caulerpa is just illegal in California. They dont want it taking over the natural, indeginous algae there.

chrisaggie
12/10/2004, 12:41 PM
I was refering to Florida.

saltjunkie
12/10/2004, 06:09 PM
if you dont want his corals.. why even comment?

chrisaggie
12/11/2004, 12:01 AM
If you see someone take an old lady's purse, why say anything at all? Come on man, we gotta stand up for our reefs here in Florida.

ErikD
12/11/2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by saltjunkie
if you dont want his corals.. why even comment?

Thank you, chrisaggie, for educated me in this matter. If I were to buy this coral not knowing that it was harvested illegally then I would be encouraging him to go tear more out of the ocean.

And thanks, to saltjunkie, for making me sound like a tree-hugging liberal... that's what really makes me pist.

frink
12/12/2004, 11:58 AM
Tampa bay Saltwater usually has some roses for sale. It is not illegal to sell these if they are found on aquaculted rock.

Azurel
12/13/2004, 04:09 PM
You can also get them from haiti and around other parts of the carribean ocean, but they are illegal to sell wild caught from florida costal waters. Shame they are very pretty corals. The ebay action has been cancelled too.

MiamiLuis
12/13/2004, 11:42 PM
Thanks Chris for stepping in!
On behalf of Chris's defense here! For those who have read this thread, and might just be thinking that Chris is a nagging tree hugger--just want to interject! He's not! He's actually one of the coolest, nicest, most generous reefers around here(south FLA)! We have even gone collecting together! (He's married and I have a girlfriend, for those who think that we live too close to South beach LOL)! But on a serious note!! Manicinas Areolatas(rose corals) are as illegal to collect as Acropora Cerviconis(staghorn), and Acropora Palmatta(elkhorn), and you don't see anyone putting THEM up for sale on EBAY!! Most ricordeas are actually collected in Haiti, though some (most single polyps) are still collected here in South Fla! As far as zoos and palys, they are perfectly legal, PLUS nobdoy cares!! But this is where I think we should be more consciencious. WE SHOULD CARE, if somebody is selling florida LPS out anywhere! It's illegal, and it's wrong! THERE ARE BETTER WAYS TO MAKE BUCK!! I know spots where rose coral is as plentiful as if there existed a "rose coral- U-Pick!" and you don't see me selling them on ebay! I don't even have them in my tanks! They're not that beutiful ;o)

CoralGuy! Do the right thing! Throw it back in the bay! :)

L