PDA

View Full Version : Fin damage?

twois
12/02/2004, 02:52 PM
I just wanted to double-check that I shouldn't be too worried about fin damage from fish fighting. I introduced a yellow watchman goby into my tank last night and the six-line wrasse gave him a good worrying before leaving him alone. They're fine now, but the wrasse took about half his dorsal fin off.

Here's a pic - it looks like it's just the fin damaged, not the fish's flesh or anything, so he'll be okay, right?

http://larentia.net/gallery2/main.php/download/2058-1/gobiwonlady.jpg

Emerald
12/02/2004, 03:00 PM
Yes it should grow back just fine with excellent water quality. Keep an eye for any signs of infection though, just in case.

onefin
12/02/2004, 03:17 PM
Hi, it should be fine, i've had that happen long time ago and the fish was fine, good luck.

atzak
12/02/2004, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't worry about it either but thats a great pic of a six line wrasse, I can't get mine to sit still long enough to get a good picture

Emerald
12/02/2004, 03:20 PM
Ditto, Excellent shot of the six-line!

twois
12/03/2004, 12:48 AM
Thanks, it's taken me forever to get a good shot of that fish. Ever since they had their little wrestling match, the wrasse has been watching the goby closely - not attacking it, but tending not to stray far, so I took advantage of it and kept snapping away until I had one in focus. :)